JERGUSON® MAGNICATOR® II LIQUID LEVEL INDICATOR
THE MAGNET MATTERS
The unique design of the Clark-Reliance® Magnicator® II uses two 360º annular Alnico 8 ring magnets with opposing north poles. The force deflection creates a field stronger than any other float magnet arrangement, greater than 90 gauss at the centerline of indicator flags. Physics has guaranteed that the Magnicator® float has the strongest magnetic field which translates to the most reliable instrument available. Your demanding applications deserve a gage with the guts to stick it out for a long, long time. In addition to conforming to ASME B31.1 for power piping and ASME B31.3 for process piping, all Magnicator® Magnetic Level Indicators incorporate additional design and construction benefits you will not find on any comparable product.
STANDARD SCHEDULE 40 CHAMBER CONSTRUCTION
- Most other magnetic level indicators are offered as Sch 10, with an upgrade to Sch 40 available. Since most plants prohibit Sch 10 pipe, this can be misleading. The difference between Sch 10 and Sch 40 is substantial, with a lower pressure rating and a much greater chance of damage during shipping, handling and construction. We offer Sch 80 and Sch 160 chambers for higher pressures.
SMOOTH AUTOGENOUS WELDS
- All standard cylindrical Magnicator® floats have full penetration autogenous welds. This means an orbital welding machine has fusion-welded the two halves using only heat and no filler metal. This process produces an ultra-smooth weld, without a bead which could interfere with the float’s motion.
OVERSIZED CHAMBER FOR SEVERE/DIRTY SERVICE
- Ideal for applications where suspended solids can build up and cause ﬂoat to become “stuck”.
- Oversized chamber with guide rods creates free space for ﬂoat to move freely without binding against chamber wall
- Free Space allows gage to be ﬂushed without removing ﬂoat, reducing downtime and cost of replacing gasket
HERMETICALLY-SEALED FLAG INDICATOR
- Ideal for offshore, corrosive vapors, cryogenic and other severe environments
- Permanently sealed, no gaskets or valves; can’t leak or fog
- Includes 316SS housing and scale, dual scale available
- Flag indicators are purged with inert gas and permanently sealed in polycarbonate tubing with epoxy-sealed end plugs to 500˚F (260˚C) process temperatures; or glass tubing with 100% fused glass end seals to 1000˚F (538˚C) process temperatures.
NIGHTSTAR® LED ILLUMINATORS
- NightStar® Indicators for the Magnicator® II make a level indicator continuously visible night or day with bright LED illumination. NightStar®Illuminators provide an array of bright LEDs to shine on standard mechanical flag indicators the operator can easily and reliably verify level.
- High contrast indication
- Not angle dependent – viewer can see clearly from many positions
- Reduced operator exposure in process areas can increase safety
- LEDs have a nominal life of 10 years
- Approved for use in Class I, Div. 1 classified locations
- Can be field-upgraded on any Jerguson® magnetic indicator, or other manufacturer’s indicator, by replacing both the float and indicator.
- Measurement independent of density, conductivity, dielectric constant and temperature
- Measurement unaffected by foam or turbulent surfaces
- Process temperatures from -328˚F (-200˚C) to 842°F (450°C)
- Pressure ranges from full vacuum up to 3500 PSIG (240 BarG) for MGWR or 5802 PSIG (400 BarG) for GWR chamber alone
- Models available for interface applications; both total and interface level can be provided on one HART® signal
- Models available with gas phase compensation for steam applications
- Communication Protocols
- 4-20 mA SIL HART®
- Fieldbus Foundation™ (no local display)
GUIDED WAVE RADAR
- Changes in product specific gravity do not affect output